Learn How Dr. Lamkin, The Leading Functional Medicine Doctor In Edmond OK, Can Change Your Health
Dr. Lamkin is the leading Functional Medicine doctor in Edmond Ok. Dr. Brian Lamkin was born at Deaconess Hospital in 1973 and grew up mostly in Yukon, Oklahoma before moving to Bridge creek, Oklahoma in 1986. After graduation from High school, Dr. Lamkin began his focus on obtaining prerequisites for application to medical schools by studying chemistry and human physiology at Oklahoma City Community College. Dr. Lamkin then achieved a B.S. in Biochemistry and Microbiology in 1997 at the University of Oklahoma.
Dr. Lamkin, inherently interested in preventative medicine, chose to apply to Osteopathic Medical Schools that focused on whole-system medicine. After acceptance into Oklahoma State Medical School, highly ranked annually by U.S. News and World Report, Dr. Lamkin achieved a Doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine in 2002. Dr. Lamkin then completed a three year residency in Family Medicine at St. Anthony Hospital in Oklahoma City and thereafter became Board Certified.
Dr. Lamkin served as Medical Director of Family Medical Center in South Oklahoma City for eight years. In 2007, Dr. Lamkin began to pursue expanded studies in preventative medicine and hormone therapy. Further training at Cenegenics Medical Institute in Las Vegas, Nevada, led to his certification as an Age Management Medicine Physician. Ongoing studies in Functional Medicine, Exercise Physiology, Nutrition Science, and individual studies in areas including Telomere Assessments, Neurotransmitter Testing, Micronutrient Analysis, and many others enable Dr. Lamkin to provide the most comprehensive care for his patients.
- Dr. Lamkin’s undergraduate studies were in Biochemistry and Microbiology, graduating with a BSC. from The University of Oklahoma in 1997. Dr. Lamkin then graduated from medical school at Oklahoma State University Medical School in 2002. Dr. Lamkin became Board-Certified in Family Medicine after a three-year residency at St. Anthony Hospital in Oklahoma City.
- Dr. Lamkin served as Medical Director of Family Medical & Urgent Care Center from 2005 to 2013.
- In 2006, Dr. Lamkin pursued studies in prevention and achieved additional training in Age-Management Medicine at Cenegenics Medical Institute in Las Vegas. That year, The Lamkin Clinic opened its doors in downtown Oklahoma City to focus solely on preventative medical care.
- Focusing on cardiovascular risk reduction, prevention of insulin-resistance and Diabetes, and Specialty lab diagnostics including genetic and lipid sub-particle analysis, Dr. Lamkin combines traditional family focused-care with advanced screening and proactive-preventative medical care.
- Dr. Lamkin currently owns and operates The Lamkin Clinic in Edmond, Oklahoma where, since 2007, his focus has been on preventative, functional, and age management medicine. Dr. Lamkin developed The Lamkin Clinic as a new model of healthcare focusing on patient-centered care including expanded time with patients, comprehensive wellness screening, and proactive-preventative healthcare.
Additional Certifications, Memberships, and Positions held:
-Medical Advisory Board for Help Your Diabetes: US
-Certified Age Managment Medicine Physician
-Certified Sanesco analyst and provider in neurotransmitter testing
-Consultant for San Franscico-based biotech company Tethys Bioscience
-Consultant for Key Health Institute LLC
-Associate Clinical Professor at Saint Anthony Family Medicine Residency
-Associate Clinical Professor at Wichita Nursing School of Advanced Nurse Practitioners
-Dr. Lamkin has supervised resident physicians (MD and DO) from respected residency training programs including:
*OU Family Medicine Residency
*In His Image Family Medicine Residency at Integris Baptist Hospital
*Saint Anthony Family Medicine Residency Program
-Member of American Osteopathic Association
-Member of Oklahoma Osteopathic Association
-Member of American College of Osteopathic Family Medicine Physicians
-Member of Institute of Functional Medicine
-Member of Age Management Medicine Group
Please call us at (405) 285-4762 to schedule or learn more about our Areas of Specialization.