Do you have chronic symptoms such as fatigue, aches, pains, and brain fog? You might be suffering from BioToxin illness.
An epidemic of chronic mystery illnesses occurring and ’there’s a simple lab test, HLA haplotype, that can tell you if you are susceptible. Being susceptible means your body has trouble removing the biotoxins that are produced and aerosolized by mold. You may not be able to see or smell the mold, but to the genetically vulnerable, these biotoxins can set in motion a series of inflammatory, biochemical and hormonal changes that lead to multisystem chronic illness over time.
The toxic molds referred to aren’t the same kinds found in outdoor environments, although there can be some overlap. The most toxic variety (and there are five nasty ones!) feed on paper, wood, and organic materials. They like humid, moist air and dark, warm places (behind water heaters, under refrigerators and sinks, behind the walls, areas of poor air circulation).
A building does not need to have an active water leak, even high humidity (>50%) environments can create mold growth in 48-72 hours.
Symptoms and Illnesses Caused by toxic mold may present in many ways:
- Pain or inflammation, in almost any area of the body
- Chronic recurrent upper respiratory and sinus infections
- Chronic headaches/migraines
- Severe chronic fatigue or ongoing flu-like symptoms
- Fibromyalgia (tender, sore muscles)
- Neurological issues (tremors, neuropathy, brain fog, ADD, learning issues, etc.)
- Neuro-degenerative diseases (Parkinson’s, MS, ALS, Alzheimer’s and other dementias)
- Severe gut symptoms (IBS, Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, SIBO/SIFO)
- Autoimmune disorders (thyroid, Hashimoto’s, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, eczema, hives)
- Multiple chemical sensitivities and histamine intolerance (rashes and hives)
- Night sweats (common in men of all ages, as well as women)
- Psychiatric symptoms (anxiety, depression, panic attacks, bipolar symptoms, psychosis)
- Severe sleep disturbances
- Recurrent interstitial cystitis, bladder infections, and frequent urination
- Hormonal imbalances (adrenal and thyroid hormones)
- Infertility, heavy periods and cramps, endometriosis, PMS, PCOS
- Children (chronic ear, throat and upper respiratory infections, asthma, allergies, ADD/ADHD, sleep, irritability, bedwetting)
Many people who are suffering end up being diagnosed with other conditions, including Depression, Fibromyalgia, or Autoimmune disease. While those may be accurate diagnoses, it’s important to note that these are clinical syndromes may be secondary to another primary process, potentially Biotoxin Illness.
Dr. Lamkin has a step by step diagnostic process (Following Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker’s research, diagnostic criteria, and treatment protocol) to evaluate these types of problems. The process starts with a FREE questionnaire called a CIRS-Q; this is a symptom cluster analysis which can be downloaded HERE.
The CIRS Q can be scored to determine one’s risk of having Biotoxin illness, also called chronic inflammatory response syndrome (CIRS). Score yourself to determine if you are at risk of having CIRS by downloading HERE.