With at least 20% of the population being susceptible to mycotoxin illness, there’s no wonder there’s an epidemic of chronic mystery illnesses occurring!
HLA Haplotype Lab Test
Firstly, a lab test called HLA haplotype can tell you if you are one of the susceptible. By susceptible, it’s meant your body has trouble removing the biotoxins that are produced and aerosolized by the mold.
And, you may not be able to see or smell the mold; however, to the genetically vulnerable, these biotoxins can set in motion a series of :
- Biochemical changes
- Hormonal changes
Finally, the toxic molds referred to aren’t the same kinds found in outdoor environments, although there can be some overlap.
For example, the most toxic variety feed on:
- Organic materials
For example, they like humid, moist air and dark, warm places such as:
- Behind water heaters
- Under refrigerators and sinks
- Behind the walls
- Areas of poor air circulation
Hence, a building does not need to have an active water leak, even high humidity (>50%) environments can create mold growth in 48-72 hours.
Symptoms and Illnesses Caused by Toxic Mold
For example, pain or inflammation, in almost any area of the body:
- Chronic recurrent upper respiratory and sinus infections
- Chronic headaches/migraines
- Severe chronic fatigue or ongoing flu-like symptoms
- Fibromyalgia (tender, sore muscles)
- Neurological issues (tremors, neuropathy, brain fog, ADD, learning issues, etc.)
- Neuro-degenerative diseases (Parkinson’s, MS, ALS, Alzheimer’s and other dementias)
- Severe gut symptoms (IBS, Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, SIBO/SIFO)
- Autoimmune disorders (thyroid, Hashimoto’s, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, eczema, hives)
- Multiple chemical sensitivities and histamine intolerance (rashes and hives)
- Night sweats (common in men of all ages, as well as women)
- Psychiatric symptoms (anxiety, depression, panic attacks, bipolar symptoms, psychosis)
- Severe sleep disturbances
- Recurrent interstitial cystitis, bladder infections, and frequent urination
- Hormonal imbalances (adrenal and thyroid hormones)
- Infertility, heavy periods and cramps, endometriosis, PMS, PCOS
- Children (chronic ear, throat and upper respiratory infections, asthma, allergies, ADD/ADHD, sleep, irritability, bedwetting)
For example, many people who are suffering end up being dx with other conditions, including:
- Autoimmune disease
For instance, while those may be accurate diagnoses, it’s important to note that these are clinical syndromes may be secondary to another primary process…potentially Biotoxin Illness.
We Can Help
Dr. Lamkin has a step by step diagnostic process (Following Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker’s research, diagnostic criteria, and treatment protocol) to evaluate these types of problems. And, the process starts with a FREE questionnaire called a CIRS-Q; this is a symptom cluster analysis which can be downloaded HERE.
Lastly, your doctor can use the CIRS Q score to determine your risk of having biotoxin illness. Finally, score yourself to determine if you are at risk of having this illness by downloading HERE.
Call 405-285-4762 to schedule a consultation.